Sunday, January 11, 2009

Fron snowy Vermont

Its a beautiful winter day here today in Vermont. Its easy sometimes, when everything is so lovely, and things in life are going well, to loose perspective of the things going on in the rest of the world, or to forget things are bad for many right here at home in the U.S.A. Iv been reading lately what others have written about preparing ourselves for the last days. I think preparation will vary somewhat for every person, and every family. There are basic things we all need to prepare for however. I think its absolutely necessary to be out of debit. Its necessary to be mentally, and spiritually prepared to lay down our lives for the gospel, and no matter what the temporal cost. To not take the mark necessary to "buy, and sell". Its also necessary to prepare our selves physically buy getting ourselves into the best health , and condition we can. Its requisite to find out which medications, if on any, we can live without, or store up, or find natural alternatives for those medications we must have, and store those. We should have some food stored, as well a plan to have potable water available. For many that might mean purchasing a quality portable water purifier like the Katadyn. Perhaps buying, and study of books on edible wild plants, and wilderness survival skills. I myself, need to stop my tendency to give into the urge to over eat. I need to get back into fasting. At least fasting to some degree. One thing I have done is to get away from extravagance. I own very little, and iv learned to be grateful for little things, and simplicity. The backpack, tent, and sleeping bag I have, and the survival skills iv acquired give me some piece of mind, and even joy, as I love camping, and the wilderness. For others with dependents, or special needs, a much different plan may be more effective. Pray, and ask the Heavenly Father to reveal anything that He would have you do to make yourself, and family, loved ones etc. ready for tribulation. I believe that these are exciting times, even though there will be unimaginable suffering at times. We can maintain our inner joy by the Spirit of the Living God, and the knowledge that our Savior is returning soon to rule!!! shalom

2 comments:

Ike said...

I think it is more important to be living a life that is pleasing to our Lord than preparing for the tribulation. He who began a good work will finish it.

Shem1777 said...

Living a life that is pleasing to our Lord, is the foundation for strength to endure tribulation.